Question on 6.1 rear(s)

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Matt*B, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Matt*B

Matt*B Stunt Coordinator

Hey all,

Ok, the way that my theater is setup leaves about half the room behind me. I just bought a Pioneer VSX-515-K (upgrade from a 2 year old D411 5.1 model - good upgrade? ) Now, I want to add a center-rear speaker for 6.1. As of now, the ideal place to mount the speaker would be behind me, on the ceiling pointing down. I would rather not have that in the middle of the room. My other option is to mount them on the back wall, about 15 feet behind the theater seating. If that was the case, i would have to make sure that I make up for the distance by turning the rear-center speaker up in the receiver settings... Has anyone done it this way, do you think it would work? I actually have two rear-centers that I would like to use, as that's the preferred method of producing a realistic 6.1 surround field.

Any other alternatives? I want to avoid putting the speakers on a stand behind the seats...

Thanks,

Matt

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

My Rear Center Surrounds are approx. 10' behind me - check out my overhead drawing, about 5-1/2' apart in my 20' x 30' HT/family room. Everything sounds glorious after I REFERENCED Calibrated my HT setup!

Phil