1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Question of brightness

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MikeWHA, Jan 22, 2005.

1. MikeWHA

MikeWHA Extra

Please advise - I have a Pio 1014 on the way and no speakers yet. Considering Axiom, Swan, Ascend, JBL and KLipsch. My room is approx 14 X 18 with the 18 side being open to the kitchen (10 ft ceiling). I have quite a bit of furniture in the room. Please help me to figure out what I should be looking out for regarding brightness. I dont mind buying speakers over the internet, but want to make a most educated choice as I do not want to return them. Also do you think that size room is too small for 7.1. Thanks.

2. Tom D

Tom D Stunt Coordinator

Hello, the auto setup/eq in the pio should help with Brightness. Metal tweeters are usually brighter, soft dome tweeters are usually more laidback. You need to listen to different types of speakers and see which ones you like. I personnally like canton le102, paradigm atom, linn kattan for smaller speakers. I also prefer soft dome to metal tweeters. Its all subjective. The best way to see what yo like is to demo speakers at home with your setup, hopefully at the same time. I have found that is the best way to find out what sounds best to you.

Regards, Tom