What's new

Question - Odd Pan. RP91 problem (1 Viewer)

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
I had been using my Panasonic RP91 through an S video input with excellent results. This past weekend I got some component video cables & hooked them up as well. I noticed an odd problem...with the component hookup the picture shifted an inch or so to the left! I've used this input before without this problem.

I have a Toshiba CN36x81. The DVD with the Video 1 setting is correct, the Colorstream HD1 setting shifts to the left.

Any thoughts?

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Hey Neighbor (I work in Alpharetta),
Although my RP91 came today, I haven't been home to play with it yet. However, there is a cure for the image shift. I suggest doing a search on "RP91 image shift"...you should come up with something. Also, another good reference is the following link:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...light=rp91+faq
It's the RP91 FAQ from another HTF member and is quite comprehensive! I plan to print it out so I have something to reference tonight when I set mine up.
Good luck!
Regards,
Ron

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
Thanks Ron...who would ever have guessed the secret formula! I pressed the "stop" on the dvd player & hit the side arrows on the remote. It worked perfectly, but I did need to go back and forth with some program material a few times.

PaulKH

Second Unit
Hey guys, I'm not far from Alpharetta and my RP91 arrives on Wednesday. :)
Ron, will be interested to hear what version of firmware you have. Where'd you buy from? I got mine from etronics.com.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Fellas,

We need to get together at Taco Mac in Alpharetta for a few brews some time!

Anyway, I am thoroughly psyched...my RP91 arrived today, but WOW, the manual is chock full of info...

I'll tell ya, the RP91 in black looks beautiful with it's gold accents...even my fiance commented positively!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gary,

You've got one up on me...the Rams/Bucs game sidetracked my RP91 set-up. (Speaking of which, damn those Bucs!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paul,

I'm not quite sure what version of firmware I have. How do I tell??? I can tell you that my player was manu'd in October 2001 if that helps.

I purchased mine from Onecall.com. It shipped Wednesday via Fed Ex Express Saver and (due to the holiday) arrived today.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Paul,

I was able to obtain the information regarding the firmware check from another HTF thread which linked to AVS. However, I still haven't messed around with the player yet...I hope to do so this weekend and will be sure to post the results.

Ron

ErichH

Screenwriter
Seems as though etronics is shipping many RP91s to Ga this week - mine arrives on Thursday .

Fun Stuff ...

Eric

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Paul,

I plan to set mine up this weekend when I have some time alone with my toys. I'll let you know my impressions.

Regards,

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks