What's new

Question: New Lehmann Black Box Phono Preamp versus B&K Phono Preamp (1 Viewer)

Greg Claggett

Auditioning
I have a B&K Ref. 30 paired with a 7270 amp and I am looking to buy a phono preamp. I have a MMF Music Hall phono preamp that has a button for selecting between MM or MC cartridge. The sound is good, but I do not have an adjustable gain and I want the phono output to match my digital sources. I am considering a couple different alternatives. I would like to get a Lehmann Black Box with an upgraded power supply or a B&K Phono 10 with a digital output. The advantage of the B&K is that it provides digital output which facilitates CD burning and it should match up well with my system. However, I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the Black Box. Can anyone offer any personal experience on this matter?

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is that www.audioasylum.com is probably a better forum to post this question on. AFAIK, very few members here have vinyl setups at the price point of these components. Of course, I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks