Question: Lucia Fulci Collection

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MarcoBiscotti, Mar 27, 2004.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Can anyone tell me whether The Beyond: Limited Edition Tin Set features any extra supplemental material or differs in any way from the double feature, House By The Cemetery / The Beyond as seen in The Lucia Fulci Collection Vol. 1? If I were to pick one of these up and eventually planned on buying both films anyways, would I just assume go for the double-feature collection or is the Limited Edition the definitive DVD version to own?

Thanks!

2. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    The DVD content is the same on the Tin as it is on the standard release and the double feature a.k.a The Lucio Fulci Collection. If you already own the tin and want HOUSE, you might as well buy it on its own since it would probably save you some cash. The other two Fulci Collection's are worth getting as well. DON'T TORTURE A DUCKLING is Fulci's best film IMO and NEW YORK RIPPER is a brutal little film.

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks Michael, I wasnt sure about the other ones so I was considering buying the tin and than House and possibly City Of The Living Dead seperately but I'll probably just buy the 3 volume collection as it would seem to make more sense.

Thanks!

4. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    If I'm not mistaken, it's actually cheaper to get the three volumes of the Fulci Collection. The last time I looked, you could get the "Collection" for around $24 each while the single discs were still around $20. If you're region free, there are many releases from overseas as well. EC Entertainment has released a couple of these as Region 0 but the quality isn't as good as the AB releases.

I enjoy Fulci but if you are new to him you might want to rent one of the films first. THE BEYOND, HOUSE and CITY are classic "zombie/gore" pictures while DUCKLING is a more serious giallo. MANHATTAN BABY is hated by most but I enjoyed it up until the horrible ending. NEW YORK RIPPER is a film that will make you take a shower after watching it and it's quite violent but if you don't mind that you should enjoy it.

Plus, Shriek Show will be releasing ZOMBI soon.

5. Joshua_W

Joshua_W Second Unit

The "Beyond" tin contains the same DVD that was released on its own, and in the 2-disc double feature.

The tin does contain a small booklet and five or six insert-sized poster replicas that weren't available anywhere else, so if things like that interest you, you might want to consider getting the tin. (The tin also includes the insert/chapter list that came with the original DVD.)

6. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

I think City of the Living Dead is Fulci's best film, followed rather closely by New York Ripper. I love The Beyond, but think it is grossly overrated, and not in Fulci's top 5 best.

7. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

I loved all the DVDs that cameout of the Fulci films and can't wait for the new disc of Zombi 2 aka(Zombie)to comeout.
    And hopefully Lizard In A Womens skin ain't too far behind that, from Media Blasters.

My DVD Collection