What's new

Question / Help w/ LARGE Amazon.com BOOK Order... (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I would like to place an order from Amazon.com for about $550 worth of books.

Being Canadian, I am very worried about customs and duties fees however. Especially since a number of them are very heavy hardbound coffee table books.

Is there any way to avoid duties and import fees on such a large order through Amazon, my account or shopping cart? Any note I can leave with Amazon's customer service?

Also, does anyone have any coupons that can be applied to a large book order like this? I wouldn't mind saving a few dollars or perhaps even free shipping, etc.

Any help advice is appreciated!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
It's too difficult because the descriptions are terrible and some of the books are limited editions and unavailable. Plus Im picky about receiving hardcover copies of certain titles, etc.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
If they ship from Amazon (and not from the Marketplace) it is likely they will clear with no taxes. I have yet to pay on an Amazon order, I think they use their own clearing center. You could try contacting customer service, but they won't be falsifying the shipping documents for you.

If the order is over a certain price, it may qualoify for free shipping, but you have to select that during the checkout process. I don't think Amazon does coupons anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks