question from a dumb brit - is the chronicle really gone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by andrew markworthy, Sep 15, 2002.

1. andrew markworthy

The first series is I guess about half-way through being shown on Brit TV, and I'm really enjoying it. However, I've heard that the series was scrapped - is there just the one series, please?

Incidentally, can anyone tell me why something as enjoyable as the Chronicle can be scrapped whilst cretinous drivel like Earth:Final Conflict got five seasons? My wife and I stuck doggedly through four series (just hoping that it would get better and the much-promised revelations re the Talons et al would make it worthwhile), but the fifth has defeated us. It's being shown for the first time on Saturday lunchtimes and after two and a half episodes we've given up. Characters conveniently appear when they're needed (continuity? what continuity?) every character seems to be from Scriptwriting Kindergarten 101, acting which would be an embarrasment in a high school play, etc, etc.

2. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Yep this was another one of those "Sci-Fi crapped it" shows. The show was pulling in the channels 2nd highest original show ratings at the time and because 1 exec didnt like it they canned the show. Another reason to be pissed at sci-fi channel

capt

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Jeff i also feel your pain. I watched every season of EFC and i pained my way during season 5. There were 1 or 2 good episodes. Everything else was like getting teeth pulled at a dentist office without any pain killer :)

capt

5. Michael St. Clair

If you are pissed that Sci-Fi keeps cancelling shows, send them a letter or phone call.

Tell them that if they keep cancelling shows (especially popular ones, and without giving them a decent resolution) that you aren't going to watch their channel any more. Why get involved with new shows when you know the rug will be pulled out from beneath them.

SCI-FI
    Michael Jackson
    The SciFi Channel
    1230 Avenue of the Americas, F115
    New York, NY 10020-1513

Mr. Jackson's extension

Dial 212-413-5000
    It should give you the option to spell his name.
    Just keep entering letters until you finish his last name. 5225766 - Jackson. End with a #, then enter his first name. 6424235 - Michael.
    If you hit # after your message, you can choose to place the call priority.