What's new

Question for Yamaha RX-V2400 owners (1 Viewer)

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
I have been told the RX-V2400 will decode DPLII and DPLIIx is this true. I see no mention of DPLIIx on Yamaha's web site. Please advise. Thanks.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Gerard,

The newer versions of this receiver have this feature. Some members have indicated that the box displays a sticker or marking providing the PLIIx designation.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
When I bought mine it had:
- a sticker on the box mentioning it was upgraded for DPLIIx
- a sticker on the front panel of the AVR indicating DPLIIx capability
- an insert in my owner's manual for DPLIIx

So basically, if the RX-V2400 you purchase was upgraded for DPLIIx, there's no way you can miss the mention of it. If all 3 of these elements are missing, it was most likely not upgraded by Yamaha for DPLIIx.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
mine had it...runs all the time... DPLII is quite cool. Especially for the movies I dont pick up dolby 5.1 off sat.

KenNCrawford

Auditioning
Hey I just bought this receiver yesterday in Temple TX and there is nothing about DPL anything on the box. What am I missing if it doesn't have it? How do I get it upgraded to my system if I want it? I assume I'll have to go back to the dealer...

Fernando Saa

Stunt Coordinator
if I was you I'd return it and get another one WITH the upgrade in it already. Mine came with all three items MuneebM says and It rocks! If you can't do that (I doubt it) then bring it back to the dealer, he'll send it back to Yamaha for the free upgrade.

Marc H

Second Unit
DPLIIx is nice. I was skeptical before I heard it. The panning effect is quite good considering it has to deal with mono rear channel information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks