What's new

Question for Yamaha experts, re: RX-V590 (1 Viewer)

BeatCrazy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sam
Hi guys,

I have a Yamaha receiver model RX-V590 that I got sometime in '96 that I recently dug out of a closet to use in a 2nd room. My question for you Yamaha experts is if you thing this receiver digitizes the analog inputs when the "effect" mode is off. I am considering using this with an extra SACD player in my bedroom.

The receiver itself has no Dolby Digital or DTS. It also has no 5.1 analog inputs. Just plain and simple Dolby Pro-Logic decoding, although I do seem to remember the DPL decoding being done all digitally.

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Hey old friend,

Long time no see. Believe or not, the Yamaha 590 was my very first A/V purchase in 1997...when I first entered this crazy hobby. My sister still uses it in her system. I think effect off still goes through the DSP board and therefore digitizes the signal. A phone call to Yamaha tech would clear this up. btw, is this a 2 channel or DPL setup?

BeatCrazy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sam
Hiya Ricky!

That is really funny that we used the same products, I think this makes at least two right (H/K Sig 2.0 ;))?

Thanks to Dan's link, I fired off an email to Yamaha.

I'm just gonna use it for stereo now, with some NHT SuperOnes and a really kickbutt MX-70B sub from M&K.

Ricky, if you wanna peek at my latest toy, jump over here:
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...threadid=17193

I've reached a turning point, no more upgrades for me! I'm done, no kidding. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks