1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for yamaha 2095 owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Eriquez, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Mike Eriquez

Mike Eriquez Auditioning

I woundering about the dynamic range. Should it be set to max or std. It's a little confusing the way the manual reads. Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Bob_A

Bob_A Supporting Actor

I believe this should be set to "max"...this way there is no limitations to the reproduced dynamic range. You would only lower it if you wanted to listen at lower volume levels (late at night for instance).

3. Massimo N

Massimo N Stunt Coordinator

Set to "max." "Normal & Min" reduce the dynamic range.
    Mass

4. Han

Han Second Unit

I had mine on max for a couple of years, but I changed to standard for the rest of the time that it was my main receiver. I just couldn't take fiddling with the volume control much more in quiet scenes of some DVDs and then turning the volume back down when it gets loud. Now that I use an HK 310 as a preamp for my Anthem amp, I have to use HK's version of dynamic compression so as to hear everything, but not disturb the neighbors. I've tried the HK at full range, and I think it's slightly better at handling quiet scenes. No hard data, just some limited observations.