question for vsx-ds811s users.....

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by MarcWi, Jun 3, 2003.

1. MarcWi

MarcWi Agent

Is et up my new system over the weekend and I'm loving it! Thanks for everyone who as answered questions in my planning stages! now that im set up-I was sondering which settings VSX-d811s users preferred and for which sources. This thing has some many options Im overwhelemd!

Thanks!

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

For regular cd's and sports I like 5-channel stereo. For watching TV I like PLII Music over PLII Movie mode. I usually always have the loudness button on also.

3. MarcWi

MarcWi Agent

do you use the dynamic range limiter? I enabled it as I was watching T2 and the dream sequence ramped up in volume so much the house shook. Also what does the loudness setting actually do?

4. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

When you say dynamic range limiter are you refering to the LFE attenuator that can be 0,5, or 10?
    The loudness mode increases the bass/treble a little. If you turn that on while listening to anything you should notice a difference.

5. MarcWi

MarcWi Agent

thanks for the input--it is the dynamic range option-not LFE. It limits the range that the volume can differ. I set it to medium.