What's new

Question for TrendMicro's PC-cillin users (1 Viewer)

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
I have been using a pretty good combination of anti-virus s/w (PC-cillin 2005 and 2006)) and anti-spyware s/w ( ad-aware SE and spybot 1.4) for the last few years with good results. I am now faced with a dilemma. I have PC-cillin expiring on 2 of my computers in the next few days and I downloaded PC-cillin Internet Secuity Suite 2007 to try out. The first thing I encountered when installing 2007 was an error message stating that 2007 and Spybot were not compatible and that I had to remove Spybot prior to installing 2007. I went ahead and did this but now I'm not too sure I want to leave it up to TrendMicro's antispyware and Ad-Aware SE to catch all of the junk. :eek:

My question is: Is there another free anti-spyware out there that works well with Ad-aware and that is also compatible with the TM PC-cillin Internet 2007 suite?

How well does Spysweeper work with Ad-aware? In other words, does each of these programs find stuff that the other missed?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or opinions.:)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I bought the TrendMicro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007, downloaded the Ad-aware SE, and Spybot 1.4 and haven't had any problem when it came to the Spybot 1.4 . I do_ remember that Trend Micro suggests deleting all other antivirus programs before downloading theirs. Hopefully someone here can offer some insight on this.

Users who are viewing this thread