Question for Tosh 50H82 owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Co, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Kevin Co

Kevin Co Extra

First of all, let me just say that I?m pretty green with regards to RPTV?s, so this question may seem silly. I?ve spent about a month reading info on this forum and have managed to gain just about enough confidence to purchase the Tosh 50H82. Now here?s my dilemma: I built a new room in the basement for my HT. In this room I also built a recess into the wall for the TV. Since I have a 9 month old ( who?s into EVERYTING!!), I decided to put cabinetry above the TV to house the receiver, DVD player, etc. I didn?t have this TV picked out at the time I built the room, and I?m afraid that I did not leave myself enough room between the top of the TV and the bottom of the cabinetry for the center channel. I have 54-1/4? from the floor to the bottom of the cabinets. The 50H82 is 48-3/4 high (casters removed). This leaves me only 5-1/2? left over for the center channel. I could fit a small center like a Klipsch sc-1 or a NHT sc-1, but would prefer something a little larger. I wouldn?t mind a center channel stand in front of the TV, except I would fear for its life once the baby discovered it. My question is this: Is there enough room behind the 50H82?s front access panel to build an enclosure to house a decent sized (5? or 6? drivers) center channel. There seems to be some amount of space between the front panel and the projectors, but I have no idea how much. I suspect some of you have had this panel removed and may be able to answer my question. This enclosure would simply be a 5 sided box (maybe some type of lining) and some stout brackets to mount it to the front MDF surface of the TV. Here?s another question. Assuming that there?s enough width / depth to do this, what if any negative side effects could come from having this speaker so close to the projectors??

2. Kevin Co

Kevin Co Extra

Bump..

Anyone??

3. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

Not in my 42H81, by a long shot.

Jan