Question for TimeWarner HDTV customers.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave_N, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Dave_N

Dave_N Extra

I am a TimeWarner HDTV customer in Syracuse,NY. I am offered a choice of two channels: HBO and ShowTime. I only subscribe to HBO so currently I am stuck with one channel for all of my HDTV pleasure. I had hoped that their offerings would increase over time, but nothing has happened yet. BTW, no OTA HDTV broadcast yet here in Syracuse. TitanTV shows that PBS is to go online in Jan. 2002, with other stations in May.

What has me preplexed is that I recently saw a billboard on Rte 690 in Syracuse advertising TimeWarner HDTV. For 2 channels!

Can someone fill me in on what type of HDTV content TimeWarner provides in other parts of the country?

Thanks,

Dave

2. Joe Schwartz

Joe Schwartz Second Unit

Apparently, Time Warner Cable has the same thing here in Albany. They offer HBO-HD and Showtime-HD, but no other HD channels. I hope that'll change when our local network affiliates start broadcasting in HD.

3. Matt Taylor

Matt Taylor Stunt Coordinator

Here in Kansas City, I get 2 HBO's (East/West), 2 SHO's (East/West), and PBS. Our local CBS station is to go HDTV sometime early 2002, so TWC will probably carry it when that happens.

Matt

4. Chris Gates

Chris Gates Auditioning

In Central Florida we get 1 HBO, 1 SHO, CBS and for the past 4 months a test tape from the WB. Don't have any idea when the WB will start programming.

5. MarcS

MarcS Stunt Coordinator

In Wilmington, NC we only get one HBO and Showtime HD.

Since Showtime offerings have been kinda crappy lately I switched to HBO (can't see spending the $ for both), but since they don't support OAR, I'm going to cancel HD alltogether, even though HBO is offering a new moving every week.

Actually, since I just got notice that TW is upping it's fees (again!), I'm likely to switch to Dish...

6. Jeremiah Joyner

Jeremiah Joyner Auditioning

In Raleigh/Durham NC TWC is offering HBO, Showtime, CBS, ABC, PBS, NBC and a channel for FOX.

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Extra

Jeremiah,

Do you pay extra for the HDTV channels (aside from normal charges for HBO or Showtime)?

I do not pay anything extra for the HDTV settop box or programming, but then again I only receive one channel.

Actually, they should be paying me for putting up with how stinking slowwwwwwwww it is to change channels on this POS box!!!! (up to 4-5 seconds delay per channel, virtually impossible to channel surf)

Thanks for info everyone!

Dave

8. Andy_R

Andy_R Stunt Coordinator

In Raleigh, NC we don't have to pay any extra for HD. It is the same price as the digital tier. I even get Showtime and HBO even though I only subscribe (pay for) HBO.

9. Matt Taylor

Matt Taylor Stunt Coordinator

Same here in KC. We don't have to pay any extra. The HDTV decoder boxes rent for $3.95 a month, so I only have to pay $8 per month for HDTV.