What's new

Question for those with higher end Yamaha Receiver(RXV1, RXV3200, 2200, 3000, etc.) (1 Viewer)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I just was wondering if you use your universal remote to control everything in your system, how long have the batteries been lasting you? I have a RAV220 remote and I have needed to change the batteries in my remote about every 3-4 weeks (3-AA). Just wondering if anyone else has this problem or if it's normal to change the batteries this often.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I use my Yamaha's universal remote (RAV160) to control my entire system, but my current set of batteries are nearly two years old. Three weeks doesn't sound right at all.

Adam

JimC_A

Stunt Coordinator
I know this may sound stupid. Check how the remote is placed when it isn't being used. My wife and children have a habit of stacking the remotes or turning them upside down on top of one another. To make a long story short, a button was being pushed without us knowing it. Stupid I know, but I'm not buying batteries all the time now.

Greg_TSL

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Rav2000Z1, which controls everything.
I probably log 200+ commands a day and have the backlight on auto @ 5 seconds and its lasted almost 3 months so far.

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
I also use the RAV220 remote, it came with my RX-V1, it still has the same three batteries in it that came with the setup 10 months ago, the batteries are holding up, but I try to use the TV remote for the TV most of the time, and use the 22o remote for my CD and DVD if you have multiple people using the remote for everything it will use up the batteries
Mark

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I'm thinking there has got to be something wrong with it. It doesn't get used at all during the day until after work and then only for a couple hours at most. It doesn't transmit by itself as it just sits alone on the coffee table when not in use (nothing on top of it at all). I do have lots of programed functions on it though, could that be using all the power?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks