Question for those who own the Catalyst Logic Twin Peaks Pilot DVD import......

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dwayne, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

I just recieved two copies of the pilot (one is for a friend). Haven't had a chance to pop it in yet since I haven't been home.
    Upon expecting the cover, I noticed that it differed than what I've seen pictured on other sites like the following:
    http://www.dugpa.com/pilotreview.html
    Mine almost looks the same except it's missing the green border with the Silver Screen logo.
    I know there was an official release, but is it possible that the copies that I recieved are bootlegged. Does anyone else have the one with the cover that I've described.

2. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

The second pressing from Catalyst Logic omits the Silver Screen logo, so you're probably fine. I believe the second pressing still has the little Catalyst Logic hologram label on it, but I'm not positive about that point.

Some players have trouble with this disc. If it won't play try the following tip: reload it, and as it begins to load, hit 'stop'. Then hit 'menu' and it should work properly.

3. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Got mine 3 days ago: no border, but with the hologram.

Good transfer and sound, although I notice the higher pitch of actors... I think this was a PAL master.

4. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

You're right mark...it does have holographic sticker on the back.

I finally played my copy, and although I noticed the sound problem that Patrick noticed (along with some artifacting), it is much better than my VHS copy taped off Bravo. It does make a nice little addition to the Artisan box set.

I was also surprised to see the Dolby Digital Train trailer when I popped in the disc.

It's good to have since no one knows when Warner will step up and release the pilot with the level of quality found in Artisan's set and without that stupid European ending.