question for those who have TWC HD in NYC

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Kim, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

I just received the HD box from TW Cable yesterday. As I understand it, they are offering 4 HD channels, HBO, Showtime, CBS and NBC (this is from their website). I am able to receive all the HD channels except for NBC. I understand that ABC and PBS are unavailible because of 9/11. Anyone else that's got TWC HD in NYC not getting NBC? Or is it just me?

2. Larry Price

Larry Price Stunt Coordinator

Dont have the HD box, but I would guess that NBC is unavailable for the same reasons ABC and PBS are -
    their antenna was on WTC. Only CBS was originally on Empire State.

3. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Supporting Actor

NBC has been on in Queens on TWC since the Olympics started.
    Sometimes you have to tune in to the HD channel more than once to get it to display. Try it again---it should be on. I live in Flushing & watched Leno in HD last night---you should be able to also.

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I'm in Manhattan, and I'm getting NBC in HD. But it's not consistent. About the only thing I'm currently watching on NBC is an occasional Tonight Show. Sometimes it's in HD, sometimes it's not. I've checked the occasional hi-def program (E.R., Friends), and they're consistently in HD.
    There is a signal on the PBS HD channel, but it's not the Channel 13 programs. It looks like a series of travelogues shot on hi-def video.
    M.

5. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Supporting Actor

6. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

Still nothing on NBC-HD. I've called the cable company (man are those people clueless!) and I've made an appointment for them to come on Monday.

Thanks.

7. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul