What's new

Question for the Twin Peaks fans (1 Viewer)

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
If a disc were to come out with nothing but the deleted scenes of Fire Walk With Me and was priced at the $10.00 to $15.00 range would you buy it? I was talking to a person that manages a DVD mastering company and we were on the subject of DVD's you can't get here in the States like some of the TV sitcoms. So it got me curious about just a deleted scenes disc I was wondering if it would be profitable.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I think so. There are quite a few VERY devoted Peaks fans...I mean how many other TV shows that have been off the air for ten years have a glossy professional magazine devoted to them (Wrapped in Plastic)? I would definitely buy it.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in with a big "hell yes!"

I'm buying the MK2 release when comes out, if it does indeed include the deleted scenes, and that'll cost me more than $10 to $15.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
I spoke with the folks at dugpa.com who have hard data to support that a release of this kind would turn a profit.
I for one would definately buy it, as I know several others that would buy it as well.

Cynthia

Stunt Coordinator
I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

I haven't even seen the second season of Twin Peaks -not to mention Fire Walk with Me- but I know I'll want those deleted scenes once I've seen everything.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Guys thanks for the replies I will pass this information on. Maybe we could see a disc like this see the light of day. :D

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
I would certainly buy a disc of Twin Peaks deleted scenes. But then I just spent almost $50 on a disc filled with David Lynch's short films.

I think the key selling point of such a disc is that Lynch wants to prepare the scenes as mini Twin Peaks episodes. I'd imagine this wouldn't be your run-of-the-mill poorly presented collection of 30 second snippets excised from the film.

Lynch wants to spend time and money to present these scenes. If they are released on disc as he envisions, I'm sure they will sell quite well independent of the feature.

I'd love it if Lynch provided brief introductions to the scenes, as he has done with the short films disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks