What's new

Question for the Subwoofer diyers (1 Viewer)

JimHalv

Auditioning
Hi,

About 5+ years ago I made a sonotube sub with a 12" Shiva driver and powered by a 150W Parts express plate amp. It has worked great.

The sub has always blended in beside my speakers and entertainment unit. I recently got a projector and removed my entertainment unit. The sub now sticks out like a sore thumb.

My question: I have a 13' x 17' area that is used for my home theater area. the back is open to the rest of the basement. Would I have enough sub if I convert my sonutube to the 54L Sealed Shiva design powered by 150W?

Thanks.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you like the low bass from a ported sub, you will be disappointed with a sealed model. To get good bass down low with my sealed subs, I have to use a pair of high excursion 15's, a 5db boost at 17hz and about 800w into each of them.

If you want to "hide" your sub, can you go with an infinite baffle configuration?

-Robert

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
I would build a rectangular box, place it longways on the floor, and put a table cloth over it to make it look like a table. And place it right under the screen. (If I had room)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks