What's new

Question for Star Wars Episode 1 DVD Owners (1 Viewer)

Billy_L

Auditioning
In the Deleted Scenes Documentary on the Episode 1 DVD is there a short clip of a deleted scene that shows Obi-Wan doing a backflip off a wall while he and Qui-Gon are dueling Darth Maul? The reason I'm asking this is because I saw the Episode 1 DVD when it was first released last year and I seem to remember that within the Deleted Scenes Documentary there was a short clip of Obi-Wan doing a backflip off a wall during the duel but just recently I purchased a Episode 1 DVD and that scene is not there anymore.

Billy_L

Auditioning
yesterday I rented two copies of the Episode 1 DVD and they also did not contain that Obi-Wan Backflip off a wall during the duel deleted scene that I thought I seen when I first saw the Deleted Scenes Documentary, but for some reason I still recall that scene being there when I first viewed the DVD last year.

Anne M

Agent
I think I remember seeing that too, Billy, but I don't believe it was a deleted scene. It may have been part of the documentary, "The Beginning." Have you looked for it in there?

Billy_L

Auditioning
I watched all the way through the 'Beginning' Documentary on both Episode 1 DVDs and the Obi-Wan backflip scene is not there either.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
It's probably safe to say that the scene isn't on the DVD, at least not in the sections you're looking through. Don't waste your time renting redundant copies of the DVD though, they are all the same.

-Tom

Philip Klein

Stunt Coordinator
I don't see it either and I have a new copy that I just bought, as well as a copy that I bought when the disc came out. Had an accident with the movie disc if anyone is interested, so needed a new one, that's why I got two.

Billy_L

Auditioning
I also watched the Duel of the Fates video and the Obi-Wan backflip off a wall scene is not there either. What I seem to remember about this scene is that it was a very short clip that I thought was in the Deleted Scenes Documentary however I have seen those photos of this scene in the Still Picture Gallery section of the DVD but the photos are production pics, The clip of that scene that I thought I saw was a finished scene with all the Lightsaber effects and sound. The only deleted scene of the Duel in the Deleted Scenes Documentary that I have on my recently purchased Episode 1 DVD is were Darth Maul jumps up and backflips onto a higher catwalk then Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon jump up to the same catwalk were Maul is.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
In the Duel of the Fates music video, a Darth Maul statement can be heard. Something along the lines of "Fear is my Ally, Fear seperates the fearfull from the feared.." I was wondering if this belonged to an extended scene that never made it onto the Deleated scenes part, or was it recorded just for the music video?

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Garrett, it may have originally been part of the movie but if you check the TV spots and run the Darth Maul one, I believe you'll hear the same lines.

-Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks