Question for Sony STR-DA4ES owners.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Bryce, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Bryce

Bryce Stunt Coordinator

I recently acquired a 4ES from a fellow forum member and it's great except for one little hitch. I can't seem to figure out a way to switch the video output of the receiver while listening to an audio source, ie if I want to listen to a CD and play Xbox at the same time it isn't possible because I can't get the video output to function while using the CD input on the receiver. Also you can't reassign analog audio inputs while using a certain video source. This is probably a relatively minor feature to most people but I use it all the time and my former Sony db930, db940, str-da777es, and pioneer vsx-d709s all had it. I'm hoping Sony somehow forgot to print it in their very short manual, and if anyone could let me know whether or not this feature exists I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. Chris Cash

Chris Cash Stunt Coordinator

I here ya!!! My STR-DE845 could do that but my DA7ES won't. Bummer.... I just swollowed it and accepted that I would have to listen to the playstation while I played.

~C.C.~

3. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

i accomplish this by by using the audio split function of the 4es. I hope that this fellow forum member was a good forum member and also provided the user manual. refer to page 41 for information about the audio split function. it is a little too wordy to go into detail here.

4. Bryce

Bryce Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll just have to use the audio split feature. I was aware of that but it is somewhat clumsy and you can only assign the Digital inputs of the receiver.

5. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

bryce,

yes the audio split function is as you stated. however, it is better than nothing. i play my playstation while listening to music through another digitally connected source. it is not so bad once you get used to it.