1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for someone who finished the Minish Cap

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Greg_S_H, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I'm at the final stage of the Minish Cap, and I am still lacking 9 Kinstone fusions, two heart containers, and many figurines. I really, really want to find these things without resorting to a visit to GameFAQs. The question is, am I going to still be able to seek these things once the main quest is done? I know the Oracle games let you continue playing after you were finished. At that point, I guess it won't be as helpful as it would be before the main quest is over, but I'm committed now. BTW, I've seen several reviews knock the Kinstone system as too repetitive and frustrating, but I actually enjoy it. It's a real pleasure when I find someone who wants to fuse.

Okay, one other minor question about something that happened during the game:

I fused with someone--I think it was the Wind Tribe guy living in Hyrule--and a transport opened up to the Wind Tribe house. In it, an old man was in bed with a Poe circling his head. I tried to pull it off with the gust jar, and it seemed like it wanted to work, but it didn't. I figured I'd come back to that later. When I finally got back to the Wind Tribe in the natural course of the game, the old man was gone and no one said a word about him. Was that something cool that I totally missed out on, or is there any way I'll have another chance at that? I'm thinking I probably won't. It was probably a one-time occurrence (or, at least, only available until I opened up the Wind Tribe house).

2. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Greg, You missed out on getting the light arrows. You have to work a bit on the ghost with the gust jar, but eventually you will get rid of it. At that point the old man says come back and visit him later. When you finally get into the clouds and visit their house before entering the Wind Palace(best dungeon EVER!), he will give you the light arrows, which are ultra powerful and allow a charge up shot.

Me, I am missing 8 pieces of heart(two complete containers really) and five kinstone fusions. I have no idea where they are. I have beaten the game three times now, so I dont know. And another word of advice for others out therewhen you open up all the gorons in the cave digging the wall, fuse with the final one. It will reveal the Big Goron on top of Veal Falls. Talk to him and he will say to come back after accomplishing a major feat. This feat is completing the game. When you do so, he wants your shield. Give him your shield, then go beat the game again. You only have to go fight Vaati again dont worry. After beating him a second time, go talk to the big goron. He will give you a mirror shield in return.

3. Greg_S_H

Greg
    Thanks, Sean. You know, I should have said, "Hey, it's working, which means it'll work if I keep at it." They wouldn't have it ALMOST work. Ahh, well. Great game.

4. Sean Moon

This is one of the best games I have played in a long time, and there are so many people ignoring it for two reasons. I hear this stuff all the time since I work at a video game store and cannot convince people to get this wonderful game.

A: Its on game boy. Most people refuse to play anything portable at all. Even with an adaptor for their cube.

B: Capcom developed the game. The shortsighted Nintendo fanatics refuse to believe that someone other than Nintendo can develop a kick ass Zelda game.

This is VERY VERY high on my list of best Zelda games ever. Possibly even higher than the almighty Link to the Past. The last two dungeons before the final one(the ice dungeon and the wind dungeon) are two of the most intricately designed and perfectly paced things I have seen in a game. Just fiendish puzzles and wonderful boss battles. The wind boss is one of the most unique to this series.

5. Greg_S_H

Greg
    After the wonderful job Capcom did on the Oracle games, I was pretty sure this one would be good. They have really tapped into the Zelda design, and I don't think anyone would notice a quality or stylistic difference between LTTP/Awakening and the Capcom games if the Capcom logo was absent.

Minish Cap is, hands down, the best-looking 2D Zelda game ever made, IMO. That includes FSA, which did nothing with the power of the Gamecube. I wasn't sure that would be the case from screenshots, but that was just a matter of the small screen not translating very well to large images.

Beyond that, the Minish are wonderful, and their world is expertly realized. It helps that there's always something I've liked about minaturization--ie, things that look small to us looking large from that perspective. And, these little guys are just hilarious.

I love the Minish who imitates the cranky elder. That was hilarious. [​IMG]

Bottom line: great game, and also right at the top of my Zelda list. It's disheartening to think that the sales are slow. I want 2D Zelda to continue. It's one of the rare franchises that works excellently whether 2D or 3D.

6. Sean Moon

Well, I wouldnt say sales are slow. We never bother putting this game on the shelf because it sells very quickly, but there is a larger ammount of people who dismiss it because it is handheld. FOOLS I say!

Anyone who is reading this thread besides myself and Greg (which looks like we are the only ones[​IMG]) do yourselves a favor and get this game ASAP

7. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

I'd buy it on your recommendation Sean, but I already got it along with RE4 the day it came out. [​IMG] Great game and wonderfully done. Lots of nice spins on class Zelda gameplay, with the gust jar, roc's cape, and other new toys. I was also stunned by how much of the 3D gameplay they were able to bring across into this 2D game, with the roll attacks, sword drop moves, graphic stylings, and other things like that. Whereas OoT played like a 3D version of LttP, this played like a 2D version of WW, a not unimpressive accomplishment. Oh, and the final dungeon was fantastic and made for a fantastic nod to LttP. I don't want to spoil it for those who aren't there yet, but for those of you who are, you know what I mean.

8. Greg_S_H

Greg
    I'm glad to hear sales are not slow. I thought you were saying otherwise, but I'm glad I mistook you. [​IMG]

I bought it the day it came out--also along with RE4--and I got the last one on the rack. I just assumed they didn't order that many, but maybe I was just lucky to snag a copy. As for it being on a handheld, I actually bought one of the NES GBA SPs just for this game. Of course, I read about the DS right after, and that would have been the better option. But, too late now, and I like my little GameBoy.

9. Sean Moon

WOW! You found an NES SP at this time of the year? These things became scarce in my parts last summer. That is when I snatched one up. Say what you want about the PSP, but the NES edition GBA SP is the SEXIEST handheld out there. At least for old school guard people like me[​IMG]

I also bought this game same day as RE4, and have yet to get far into RE4 because of this game. And with WarioWare Touched coming to DS in two weeks, that will sap my time more.

10. Greg_S_H

Greg
    No, I got the NES GBA around the time it came out. I've had it this long in anticipation of the Minish Cap. In the meantime, I've used it for my two Oracle games and Duke Nukem 3D--the only other GBA game I have thus far. I can't get used to the controls on that one, though.

Yeah, though . . . I couldn't pass up that beautiful NES edition. It's a great idea, and they pulled it off very well.