What's new

Question for Ron Stimpson... (1 Viewer)

Rob Grim

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,

During a demo today of Finding Nemo, a strange noise was heard from the subwoofer. I own the SVS PB2+, and until today it has performed flawlessly.

The noise occurs at

thapa

Agent
Instead of waiting for him to show up around here, why don't you just fire away a mail to the customer service?

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Robb,

It looks like your note went to Technical Support (not the same box as Customer Support) and that Tom is already working with you. Unless you are calibrated with an SPL meter as described here: http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm#meter

It really doesn't matter where your sub's gain is. You can still be RADICALLY overdriving things (say, if your subwoofer output on your receiver is turned up too high) even on the first hash mark of your SVS amp!

It's possible you have a damaged woofer too but Tom will go over all that though. Subs are big complex devices with some key moving parts. Don't worry about a thing. If it's just an adjustment issue, that's very easy to fix. Should something be damaged, we're on it till you are back to 100%, that's a promise.

PS, as noted, we don't camp out here full time. E-mails to us are the better way to establish rapid dialogue. I won't keep updating this for that reason since I can see Tom's speaking with you via e-mail.

Ron

Rob Grim

Stunt Coordinator
Just to finalize what was causing this vibration I explained. A thin layer of apoxy from were SVS attaches the port to the flared portion of the port was at fault. Once I took the minute with a flashlight and looked into the port, SUPRISE!!!! Once removed, played the demo again, played flawlessly as usual. Thanks guys at SVS once again for your quick responses and excellent customer service.

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Rob,

No thanks due to us, you ran this one down!

Problems with any shipped SVS are quite rare, but this was a first so we appreciate you getting us that update.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks