What's new

Question for Proceed AVP Owners: (1 Viewer)

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Do you ever find that sometimes the AVP isn't able to lock onto the digital audio bitstream (such as from a DVD) on the first try. Sometimes, I've noticed, that I'll pop in a DVD and there will be no audio. But if I stop the DVD and press play again, or even just toggle through surround modes, the audio kicks in.

Anyone? Is this a software upgrade issue ?

Thos.

I've never seen this, but I'm running all sources

through a Meridian 518 first, reclocking the stream.

It does take a second or two to lock on as I channel

surf through the Sat dish. I am still running the

original software from purchase. Never saw the need

to upgrade yet. Don't need side surrounds, dual subs

or 96/24. Don't have the PMDT, (would love to, but

you can buy a decent used car for that price including

the prog. card)

Regards,

Joe T.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Have not seen it either. I have gotten all the upgrades with the exception of the one Oct. 31, 2001. I expect that in about 90 days or so they will have their hardware and software upgrade available for EX and 5.1 input. I also had all the upgrades to the PMDT as well. Sometimes when they have posted upgrades to features besides upgrade of capability, they have also addressed glitches. I skipped one a year ago since I did not think I needed the feature, however I found out it also corrected other issues later. For free, it is worth getting the upgrades.

rajiv

Stunt Coordinator
Thomas,
After the previous upgrade, prior to the current one of 30 Oct 2001, I had several drop outs in DTS mode. They are mostly gone, but occasionally come up. I will probably try the latest upgrade to see if it fixes it for all.
Proceed Upgrades
Good Luck,
Rajiv...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks