What's new

Question for PB10 Owners (1 Viewer)

Thomas Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
I have almost completed my first dedicated HT. It is a small room (13.5 X 16 X 7.5). One of the things I really wanted to do was upgrade my sub(Dayton Tiny Mighty, which I love but....). I want 'Face-Melting' bass. I want every movie to make me feel like the scene near the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I want to feel it in my chest. I want to play U-571 and have my neighbors want to burn down my house to get me to shut off my sub (actually my theater room shouldn't leak very much sound outside).

I know at some point in time I will be moving and going to a larger theater. I was thinking about buying a PB-12 Plus/2. I have been thinking about going with a different projector and was thinking about reallocating some of my HT funds. I guess I just want to know what current PB10 owners think. Do you think I could get by with a PB10 until I get a larger theater? I like to listen to most movies at or near reference. I don't often play my music really loud.

I have talked to SVS and they are awesome....I just wanted to hear from current PB10 owners and find out what their opinion is.

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Thomas,

I don't own a PB10 although I purchased one for my dad. It sounds to me like a PB10 would fit the bill quite nicely for you. Why not buy one and if you want more output, you could always buy another.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Thomas,

I recently evaluated the PB10-ISD and a few store bought subs in a room about the same size as yours, and it was awesome. It shook the room with 18Hz sine waves, while the others didn’t even “wake up” until about 28Hz.

However, depending on how large your new place will be you may want to go with a second PB10 or a different SVS. As good as the PB10 is, IMO 10-inch subs – at least single-driver ones – work best in medium to small rooms.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Bang for the buck, the PB-10 should do very well in that size room. I am not getting face melting bass from it, but it more than lives up to it's reputation and my room is 19x20. I am enjoying it very much so far.

Elijah

Supporting Actor
I own a PB12 ISD, and i just finished my post about how much I liked it, much power and clarity. However this doesnt really answer your point, but I definitely want to hear what some PB10 owners say, as I sort of bit the bullet and spent more on the 12 as a last minute descision : )

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I've got a PB10, it will do fine for that size room. I've got mine in a room that is 12x16, but the whole back wall opens up to the kitchen area, so it really is a way larger room, and it still rocks. It's a very solid sub, doesn't sound boomy, very tight with music as well.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Hi Thomas,

That size room would be a piece of cake for the PB10-ISD. Resale value ought to be fairly close to original cost. Not much to loose when you move to a bigger room and upgrade? The PB10-ISD is like your TM in the way of performance for the $$ except in a different league. If you love the TM I cant imagen what you would do with the PB10-ISD:)

Thomas Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I ordered a PB10 this morning and am going to give it a go. I realized that Steve was correct and IF I don't like it, I can sell it and get the PB 12 Plus/2 I am lusting for....maybe when they get their wood finishes.....

Blaine_M

Second Unit
If you don't like it you have either 30 or 45 days, not sure which, to send it back. You should like it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks