What's new

Question for Paradigm owners (1 Viewer)

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
How far away from the wall do you have your Paradigm Studio speakers? Is there some rule of thumb for speakers that have the port in the back?

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
I have my 60's about 8" from the back wall in my living room. I'd rather have them about 14-16" but my kid will crawl back there and shove god knows what into the port:D If I'm alone I'll pull them out a bit. Then their a little less boomy.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Have my Studio 40's 4 feet from the front wall, and 26" from the side wall.
Placement depends on room dimensions, and extensive trial and error as to how they sound in a variety of positions.

Also if you use any room treatments (bass traps and first reflection wall panels) that needs to be factored in when placing speakers.

No hard/fast rules .... just find the spot where the speakers are accurate across the frequency range. And be patient.

BOK

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
My rule of thumb? Stand behind the speakers and put your hand in front of the port. At the point where you no longer feel any air being released from the port at higher than normal volume levels is the minimum distance you can keep the speaker from the wall.

In my experience, that means about 8-12 inches.

Due to my room however, I have them about 30 inches from the wall.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
My front ported studios seemed to benefit from being moved an original 12" to 30". From that I'd think the change would be even more evident with rear ported speakers.

Martin.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Evan's method is the best, this is how I did mine as well. Although I'm only about 8" from the wall I cannot feel the air shooting out and since they are set to small they produce less air then if on large. I have no problems that close to the wall. I have 40's, 2 ports also helps reduce the amount of air each has coming out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks