question for Panasonic SA-HE200 owners?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Shelly, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Second Unit

I am thinking about buying this receiver. It has pretty good specs and is affordable.

I am trying to find out if it has some form of Cinema EQ and a Midnight mode. Just about every receiver made now days has both of these features but I can't find it listed anywhere.

Chris

2. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Second Unit

>bump<

I posted this late last night. It slowly worked its way down.

Chris

3. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

4. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Second Unit

thanks for the reply,

I read the manual and it does have a dynamic range compression. This feature is a must for me because I work late nights and sometimes I feel like watching a movie at 1:00am in the morning.

I am a little surprised that it does not have a Cinema EQ feature though. Is this feature really all that important? My Sherwood receiver has this and to tell you the truth I only used a few times and both times it did not help much.

Chris

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

The effectiveness or necessity of 'Cinema EQ' depends on how your system sounds in your room. If your speakers usually sound too bright with movie soundtracks, Cinema EQ will roll off the high frequency treble. You can do similar with the treble control but it affects a much broader frequency range than a Cinema EQ circuit would.

The problem is, you won't know whether you need this until you get the receiver hooked up to your speakers in your room. I'd say the vast majority of systems do not need this though, and the vast majority of people who have this feature on their receivers don't use it.