What's new

Question for owners of the Mary Chapin Carpenter SACD. (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
In listening to the piano intro. of "Whenever You're Ready" on the Mary Chapin Carpenter time*sex*love* SACD (track 1), I hear a "whoosh" sound with each note. I hear it on both of my stereo systems, so it is not a hardware issue. Anyone know what would cause those whooshing? If you have the SACD, would you listen to track 1 and let me know what you think? Thanks in advance.
Also, does anyone know if time*sex*love* was recorded in PCM? I imagine it was. The reason I ask is that I find the vocals to have a bit of an edge. The vocals are a bit grainy. I have the CD on order from BMG, and I can only imagine how grainy it sounds. Anyway, I don't feel the SACD sounds as good as it could. By the way, I hear the edgy vocals on both of my systems.
EDIT: Owners of the Carpenter CD are, of course, free to chime in here. I focused the discussion on the SACD, especially with respect to the "whooshing" sound on track 1, because I have not heard the CD.

Sutjahjo Ngaserin

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, a very good sounding disc on casual listening.

I too noticed the more like a "oops" sounds (not vocal, more like electronics) repeatedly (very obvious when the nah nah nah nah chorus parts)occurring throughout the songs. It gets on your nerve once you noticed it.

something is wrong here...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks