What's new

question for onkyo tx-sr501 owners (1 Viewer)

KyleCT

Stunt Coordinator
I just got one a couple weeks ago and i have been pretty pleased with it.

I have been looking through the manual about the "memory" button and i haven't been able to find anything about it. I was wondering if there was a way to program specific settings (ie, speaker volume levels) for specific inputs and specific surround settings (ie, dts neo, dolby II).

For example, i want to set the speaker volumes for dolby II so that it sounds balanced for listening to music from the cd input, but still keep my speaker volumes for Dolby Digital from my dvd input. For DD i use all volumes at "0" but for dolby pro logic II i have to turn up the rears or else i cant hear them.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

ken-m

Agent
KYLE,

PAGE 7 OF THE MANUAL STATES THAT THE MEMORY BUTTON IS ONLY USED WHEN STORING AND DELETING RADIO PRESETS. I JUST GOT MINE TODAY AND ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT.

KEN.

KyleCT

Stunt Coordinator
do you know how to preset speaker volumes then? For a while everytime i turned on my reciever the rears were set at 3 and everything else was set at 0. this means i had to change the volume every time i turned it on. I dont know how to save the volumes though, even if you can only do it for every input simultaneously.

Ben Leivian

Auditioning
To set the individual speaker volumes into memory, you have to push the 'test' button twice after you're all done or it will reset when powered off. I found it in the manual somewhere because i was having the same problem.

Jeff W.

Stunt Coordinator
To "save" the speaker level adjustments, you must adjust them in "Test" mode. If you adjust them in "CH select" mode the settings are only temporary and it will revert to those set in "Test" mode when power cycled.

I personally find this convienent. I can boost the level of one speaker or another (usually the center channel) if it's not satisfactory for a particular recording, without "messing up" my carefully calibrated (with test tones and SPL meter) levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks