What's new

Question for Onkyo 595 owners (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I just recently got a Onkyo 595 receiver and I have a quick question. Is there any way to adjust the speaker levels without the test tones? I want to use Video Essentials to calibrate my speakers, but I can't seem to find a way to adjust the individual speaker levels without having the test tones on.

Thanks in advance.

-Dean-

Vin

Supporting Actor
I don't own the 595 but what you're describing is very common and I'm sure you're already going about it correctly....

1) Make note of the readings on the SPL meter while playing the tones on VE.

2) Then go to your receiver's set-up mode and make the necessary adjustments.

3) Then play the VE test tones again and see where you are.

You may have to do this a couple of times before you get all the channels dialed in just right. I don't know of any other way to accomplish this.....good luck.

Vin

parin_patel

Stunt Coordinator
There is another way to do it on the Onkyo actually:

While playing the tones on VE, press the CH SEL/TOP MENU button on the remote and then use the up/down LEVEL buttons just below to change the levels on the fly and adjust them according to the SPL meter. This is just temporary, and won't be saved. Just remember the adjustments you made and then go to the TEST MENU and make those changes permanent.

Hope this helps.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
parin,
thanks for the info. I'll do that as soon as I get home. The manual for the Onkyo is not the greatest. :)
-Dean-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks