Question for Monster HTS-3500/5000 owners

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Vincent_S, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

I just installed an HTS-5000 MKII over the weekend and it reads 124 volts with no epuipment turned on. Is this normal? What reading should I get with the epuipment(TV, receiver,sub,DVD player) running?

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I don't know how accurate the readings are in those things. It seems a tad high and I'd look to remeasure it using a VOM. If it's still reading 124, give the utility company a call and ask them for their input.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Not sure about your particular unit, but I thought those were just showing you what was coming in from the wall and when it drops to an unsafe level, not what is actually being consumed. So 124VAC would be correct within tolerance.

4. Jason/\J/\G

Jason/\J/\G Auditioning

I have a Panamax in the bedroom that reads up to 126 at times and a Monster SS AVS 2000 and SS HTPS 7000, they read about the same in the living room. I think they have a 1% tolerance on the units, and yes they show the incoming voltage.

5. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

Thanks for the responces. Yes, I was concerned with the incoming voltage not really the HTS-5000 itself. Guess I should have worded the title better.:b