1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Klipsch RF3 Owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dalton, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    I noticed the rf3's are bi-amp/bi-wireable, has anyone bi-amped or bi-wired these speakers and how did they sound? Thanks for any info.

2. DaveLenhert

DaveLenhert Stunt Coordinator

I have bi-wired my Klipsch RF-3s....
    I went from Using Monster Cable MCX-1S to MCX-1S BiWire, for ease of install. I found that the base was tighter and more pronounced. I was happy with the change in the sonic signature that i left them Biwired. I switched several months ago....so i'm afraid i can't remember anymore then that. You might try and find a store that will allow you to test some Bi-wires cables, or better yet, go to Radio Shack and get some cable and build your own set for much cheaper.
    -dbl

3. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Thanks for the info Dave. I think i am going to bi-amp them. I am using a 5 channel amp with my Marantz receiver as a pre-amp. I am going to use the l/r channels on the receiver to bi-amp the RF3's. I am looking forward to testing this setup out [​IMG]