question for kenwood vr-509 users, or anyone for that matter....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd stone, Dec 25, 2001.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

If i hook my game console up through the component inputs on my receiver, I'm assuming i need to buy another component cable to go from receiver to my wega, correct?

also, when u go through your receiver using component, are you still able to use that receiver on the DVD/CD audio setting as well? Meaning, you dont have to be on a certain audio setting and can only use on or the other right? It auto detects the video I'm assuming.......

2. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

bump. need answer before i head to a store.

3. Anthony Stephan

Anthony Stephan Stunt Coordinator

Ok, maybe it's becuase your post is a little confusing.

You have Component switching in your receiver.

You want to run component (RGB) from your game consol to your receiver.

You will also then need to run a component cable from your receiver to the component inputs on your TV.

If you have a DVD player that also has component output, you can run those to the receiver as well.

When you select the input on the receiver, it will send the correct video signal to the component video source on the TV.

Does that do it for you?

BUT, if I were you, I would forgo the component out on the game and just use the S input. Keep the component input on the TV for a direct line from the DVD player, thus bypassing the component switching on the receiver.

Unless you are confident that your receiver will not color or affect the signal at all.