What's new

Question for Fong (1 Viewer)

Robertto

Stunt Coordinator
Was wondering where you have your subs frequency cross over set. Since you have the m22s would like to know what you have found is the sweet spot for the sub to run at.

Thanks!

Fong

Stunt Coordinator
sorry, but i dont really know. i just set my speakers to small (x-over is at 90hz on my receiver) and let the sub handle the rest. for movies, this works out great. but i turn down the bass for music. the m22s have very tight bass when i set them as large, though its extention isnt very low (rated to 40hz) and isnt very punchy. if you dont really listen to music that is bass-centered, then i would recommend putting the x-over at or around 40 because the m22s do handle stuff up to there fairly well. if you do listen to stuff like techno or rap, then i would just leave the m22s as small and let the sub take care of the thumping.
hopes this helps
note: im using a sawm40 w/ polyfil. i plan on getting an hsu vtf-3 or an svs of similar price/performance as soon as some kind person does a good, non-biased reviews :D

Robertto

Stunt Coordinator
yes perfect need to find the x-over on my receiver though. Problem is I listen to all types of music from rock to alt to a bit of techno, hope I don't have to go switching all the time.

Thanks again

Gary PT

Agent
Robertto,
Thought I'd add my observations since I had similar questions with my setup and spent a lot of time on it.
I keep
my amp on large, perhaps since I don't have great subs (dual KLH 10") but the M22's seem to handle all the program material without breaking a sweat. This allows me to keep the sub's crossover lower, around 60 hertz. I keep the gain control on the subs a little higher than I need, so for most material I have my amp's sub control around -3.5db. This way, I can turn the sub up if needed, and to compensate for volume, without having to touch the subs. This works well for me. Sounds great. If I had an adjustable x-over point on my amp, I would probably also set it at 40 htz, unless I had a really good sub, then I would experiment slightly higher as well.

Robertto

Stunt Coordinator
thanks, it took a while to get the sub set on my current system, but now it seems to be set up to handle most music/ht w/out adjustment. Guess I will have to do it over again.

There goes the neighborhood :)

Gary PT

Agent
Well, I'm not a big techo fan, that stuff can REALLY test the limits of a speaker, especially in the low end. I got my M22's two weeks ago, and I love them. They seem to sound better every day. But I listen mostly to rock/pop, jazz, and HT. Been buying A-DVD's all weekend, which sound tremendous! I'll be replacing my rears with Axiom soon, I have been won over by their detail, clarity, forward sound stage, and transparent sounding high-end. Curious, Robertto, how do you like them for Techno/Dance-type music?

Robertto

Stunt Coordinator
Won't for about another 2hrs when i get home:). Most techno I listen to really isn't techno, more jazz/funk Jamirique(sp), Moby Lenny have some pretty deep low. My base when adjusted to the proper level should handle that stuff fine. First I am going to test the speakers set to small then maybe large.

Will post feedback here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks