What's new

Question for Dishnetwork DVR 510 Owners (1 Viewer)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I have a few questions before pulling the trigger on upgrading my receiver to the 510.

1. After recording to the hard drive is there a way to delete commercials after the fact and then burn them to a dvd recorder?

2. Are there inputs on the receiver that would allow me to record vhs to the hard drive and then subsequently burn it to a dvd recorder?

3. I currently watch TV and 4:3 older movies on my television and 16:9 stuff on my front projector. If I have this DVR coming in from the satellite and output to the dvd recorder and a component out to my projector, would I now be able to watch TV on my projector or would I need to burn it to a dvd first and then play the dvd in the player/recorder?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
1. No, no commercial editing capabilities.

2. No, as an integrated satellite DVR it only records from satellite; no MPEG encoder is in there to record from arbitrary sources. You should just record VHS to DVD(+/-)R/RW directly.

3. You could certainly watch from the DVR straight to the projector, but it will still be in normal 4:3 format.

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
Of course the highest level of video output from the 510 is S-Video. I find the 510 a nice enhancement to everyday TV viewing.
I have not entered the HDTV arena as of yet, and rely on DVDs for the best picture in 16:9 movie viewing with components.

Mike Up

Supporting Actor

The Pioneer DVR-510H also has component video output as any other DVD Player/recorder.

Have a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks