Question for Denon AVR-3802 owners?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck Kent, Aug 24, 2001.

1. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

I recently upgraded from a 3300 to a 3802 in a 5.1 setup. I have been very happy but there is one thing that seems odd.
    When I set the individual channel levels for the different modes, Mono Movie, Matrix, Video Game, Jazz Club and Rock Arena must all be the same. All of the other modes allow their own unique settings. My old 3300 allowed every mode to have it's own setting and the 3802's book still reads to me that it should too.
    This isn't a big deal since the only mode I really make any use of from the "same setting" group is Mono Movie. But I thought it seemed a little strange. It has remained this way even though I did a processor reset.
    What's your experience?????
    ------------------

2. Bryan Acevedo

Bryan Acevedo Second Unit

Chuck,
    I have the exact same experience with my 3802 and my old 3801. Maybe Denon just forgot to update the manual?
    Who knows, but like you, I don't really use those modes, so it wasn't a big deal to me. But it did bug me that it was supposed to do it. At first I thought a I had a bad one because the personal memory plus "wasn't working". I think it is working, just that the manual doesn't know how it is supposed to work!
    Good luck - and enjoy this most excellent receiver!
    Bryan

3. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Bryan: Thanks for the reply. Maybe we're the only ones trying out these other modes?? I too was a bit confused that everything was fine except for the channel level settings for those 5 modes. I've noticed that the manual has a few typos so I guess it just hasn't been proof read very well.
    I also agree that it's a great unit!
    ------------------