What's new

Question for car-audio folks: boomy subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thx walt. i like those sites...especially the caraudioforum one. looks like a mature site.

i already dug through the crutchfield site...it's one of the first things i did when i got the truck! :D

btw - if i may ask, what kind of stuff are you doing to your 4runner?

Walt N

Second Unit
Ted, I was having problems with my stock CD player skipping when I was pounding the beast off-road (it's a '98), so I put in a Sony CDX-MP70 head unit with "G-Shock" protection. Works great and it plays MP3's. Tonight I'm replacing the stock front speakers and tweeters with Infinity Reference 605cs units so I'll have a nice silk dome tweet, a better crossover, and a healthier midrange driver. I'm going to leave the rear fill speakers alone since they're always covered by having the rear seats folded down for my dogs. For deeper bass I installed a Bazooka EL8A on the right side rear sidewall with the driver facing the rear hatch. It's not a powerhouse but I'm finding it quite musical and adequate for my needs, and it pops out in a heartbeat if I need the room.

I bought some of the stuff from Crutchfield and I have to say their installation instructions are excellent.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
man, that sounds like a nice setup walt.

i have to admit i kind of wish i could have gotten in on the ground floor of my gear...only because i like knowing exactly what is going on. but i guess i can't complain too much...it's a pretty good setup overall.

anyway, i'll do some more goofing with the system (especially that sub) and go from there.

thx again all!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
nice setup leif. i suspect those subs thump!

btw - it's too bad you're not into videogames... :D

Tim Morton

Stunt Coordinator
You mentioned that the sub was made by a company called Speakerworks? There is a Place in orange country california called "Speakerworks" They are in most peoples opinions the premier car audio shop in the country. Or at least they were a few years back when i was involved with highend car audio...here is a link to read through.
http://www.autosoundmag.com/technica..._factorynoise/

If you think that your system may have been installed by them, give them a call and ask to speake with eric holdaway..he is a true master and all arounf great guy.

For some great car audio reading search out Richard Clark(autosound 2000). He was the albert einstien of car audio. Also search out Lucio Proni..He started JlAudio and is another guru in the biz. Eric Stevens started Image Dynamics..These 3 and several more where the pioneers of modern car audio....I see there is a member of this forum with Richard Clarks name, but i can't imagine its the same richard clark.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hey tim, i doubt that was them. afaik, the system was installed locally here in northern california.

but i would love to have a setup by those guys. that would truly be cool...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks