What's new

Question for Cablevision workers :). (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
We've got Basic Familly Cable for our shore house here, where I am now. Meaning, no HBO, no Encore, no networks like Sci-Fi Channel, Womens Entertainment, Cartoon Network, etc....

However, a Question...

I want to add Cartoon Network to our lineup. The cablevision site says that it'll cost 1.50 a month to add in, and MIGHT require a box for the tube in order to receive it...

How is an extra network like this added on? Do they turn something on at the base station? Go to the pole outside and modify something? Do they have to deliver a set top box to the house for myself to install? Or, do we have to go and pick one up ourselves at the local outlet?

I've got so many damned wires in here already,(Computer, UPS Backup, VCR, Stereo, Speakers, Monitor wires, Cable Wires, Cable Modem Wires, etc) the last thing I need is to add more cable wires and a cable box wire to boot..

Thanks..

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I don't work for any cable co, but IME they come out to your house and install a different tube inside your cable box, allowing the frequency range of that particular channel through.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hmm, thanks for the heads up. At least it means I won't have more stuff cluttering my room here.

LewB

Screenwriter
I'm a cablevision subscriber in NY and in my area those a la carte channels are scrambled electronically which means its something done in the office and in my area Cartoon Network requires a cable box. Your system may be (and probably is) different. We used to have traps in the line out at the pole that they would play with, but that was long ago for premium channels like HBO, Showtime and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks