Question for Buffy experts

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cal S, Dec 3, 2001.

1. Cal S

Cal S Stunt Coordinator

I didn't want to post this in the Official Buffy thread because I'm watching the entire run for the first time on FX and I don't want to run across spoilers. Anyway....

Can anyone you tell me why FX is skipping over certain episodes? Specifically "Hush", "Buffy vs. Dracula" and "The Body"?

Are they controversial or something? I've always heard "Hush" was of the best episodes, I know who dies in "The Body" and a story about Dracula? How controversial could that be?

Help me out here.

By the way, Anyone else out there watching the series for teh first time like me?

Thanks

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

This has been discussed in the big thread, and the explanation seems to be that UPN got the right of first rebroadcast for a handful of episodes. For example, UPN is supposed to show "Hush" on December 11.

M.

3. Cal S

Cal S Stunt Coordinator

Aahhhh......

Thanks, I don't tread into the big thread, so I never would have read that.

Thanks

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

All all welcome in the big thread. You don't need to read back too far to catch the wave.

5. Michael Reuben

TV Guide's website now has "The Body" airing on UPN on December 18 at 8pm EST. If that schedule holds, UPN will link up precisely with FX, which is airing the preceding episode that night at 7pm EST.

Anyone know what UPN plans to show on Christmas and New Year's Day?

M.

6. Vanessa

Vanessa Stunt Coordinator

Since you asked, I'm also watching from the beginning on FX. It's really annoying when they screw up the continuation part of the show by not showing episodes like "Hush". I mean it's bad enough to skip one anyway, but why couldn't they keep to the self-contained episodes!

Vanessa

7. Cal S

Cal S Stunt Coordinator

I feel your pain Vanessa. They screwed me when they switched over to doing 2 new episodes in a row each day, instead of re-running the previous day's episode and then a new one. I missed recording the episode "Surpirse", which was a really important one. Luckily it made it in the X-Ballot Marathon and I got to see it after the fact.

8. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

9. Michael Reuben

10. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

Argh! I just caught up to where Hush was skipped in the FX run and that really *is* lame. A pretty important episode in the storyline just skipped over. I'm not looking forward to the next skip, as I gather that one will be even worse... [​IMG]

11. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

12. Cal S

Cal S Stunt Coordinator

Michael is right, they weren't doing that in the beginning.

13. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

Buffy vs. Dracula. Not a very important episode, but...

Also Giles was about to leave... but Buffy rehired him as her Watcher.

14. Cal S

Cal S Stunt Coordinator

Could someone explain this little sister deal?

I saw the season finale, with the weird dreams (which IMHO was amazingly lame). Then, like we said, FX skipped the Dracula episode and then I saw the next episode and the whole sister thing seems like shes been there all along and Buffy is just tried of her.

How did they introduce her? How did they EXPLAIN her? What the hell did I miss?

Help.

15. Cal S

Cal S Stunt Coordinator

You know, I just went to buffyguide.com and it just said what Matthew said under the spoiler tag. All the Dracula stuff happens and then the sister thing.

I don't get it. I must be missing something.

I'm assuming that this gets explained along the way.

I'll try to be patient.

16. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

I don't get it. Why wasn't Primeval the season finale? The big baddie (Adam) was killed in that episode which usually signals the end of the season. I liked the whole episode with the soldiers fighting demons inside the complex, with the scooby gang making up and especially the cool "Matrix" looking effects at the end when the gang joined inside Buffy's body.
    I haven't seen Restless yet but according to Buffyguide.com, this was the very last episode of season 4. What gives?
    And I would also like to know how Dawn was introduced.

17. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Guys, please use the official Buffy-tastic thread for these questions. You'll get some kick-ass answers over there, plus plenty of discussion of character motivations, etc.

18. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Primeval wasnt the season 4 finalie because Joss felt they had done a big season-ending battle in S3 (Graduation Day 1, 2) which they would not be able to top right away. So they had 'Restless' which is a better season ending episode then any fight they could ever film.

As for the sudden apperance of Buffys sister Dawn, your not supposed to know anything right now. Give it some time and the outline will begin to form, but you wont have the full picture of what exactly is going on with Dawn until nearly the end of season 5.

JQ

19. Michael Reuben

For all those waiting for "Buffy vs. Dracula", TV Guide now lists that as UPN's Christmas Day broadcast (after "Hush" tonight and "The Body" next week). I predict they'll run "Weight of the World" and "The Gift" in January.

M.

20. Cal S

Cal S Stunt Coordinator

After the 2 episodes on FX yesterday, teh Dawn thing is now cleared up for me.

Watched "Hush" last night as well. That was one of the best, maybe THE best. Cool villians and some laugh out loud moments.