Question for "Broadcast News" fans...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Pounds, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Jeff Pounds

Jeff Pounds Second Unit

Broadcast News is one of my top 5 all-time favorite films, but to date it has an unremarkable bare-bones DVD release.
    I have a couple of questions:
    - I know that the current release is a bare-bones disc, but how are the transfer and sound?... it appears from feature lists that this is a non-anamorphic transfer... is that right?
    - Does anyone know if Fox has any plans for a special edition?... I've been holding out for a while on this one, but I'm getting close to breaking down and buying it...
    Thanks...

2. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

I own this one. You are correct; it's not anamorphic. It was released before Fox started making their big commitment to anamorphic widescreen. However, the picture quality is still very good, IMHO.
    I don't know anything about any plans to re-release this anytime soon. If you love the film as much as I do then I would still recommend getting a copy. You can always the Ebay the disc later and get back part of your investment.
    Just my $.02
    [​IMG]

3. Jeff Pounds

Jeff Pounds Second Unit

Thanks Mark, I'll probably go ahead and pick it up...

I really wish Fox would give this title a nice SE...

A commentary with James L. Brooks, Albert Brooks, Holly Hunter and William Hurt would be awesome.

4. Steven Good

Steven Good Second Unit

Steven
    AMC has a "Backstory", or some sort of behind-the-scenes special for this film airing soon (like some time in June). I've notice that many of these behind-the-scenes special are about Fox titles. Hmmm...could an SE be coming?

This is also one of my 5 faves. So many quotable lines, mostly from Albert Brooks, of course.