What's new

Question for Best Buy Employees (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -
i was wondering how long you had to work there before the discount kicked in? they are opening a new one around the corner from where i work (citrus heights, ca) and i was thinking about working there part time, maybe on the weekend only since i already have a full-time job.
so, i was wondering how long i would have to stay until i was able to use the discount?
tia :)
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
30 days is all. What are you planning on getting? TV, Surround Sound, What? If you say, we could probably give you an idea of the discount on each, since it varies.

Jon K

Auditioning
they're opening one in union city, ca also...i want to work there since i'm going to school fulltime and would like a part-time job...and would stay with them for a couple of years at least since i will go to school in the area for at least 3 more years...
do they limit you on the discounts? like you can only buy a certain amount? i don't plan to abuse the policy and get stuff frequently but would like to be able to buy stuff every now and then for myself and as gifts for my friends...

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi jeremy -
thanks for the info. one additional question. is it 30 days period (from date of hire)...or 30 actual working days?
in other words, after one month, even if i only work 2 days a week, does it kick in?
i'm looking at probably a tv, digital camera and possibly a computer, as well as cd/dvd's.
again, thanks for the info!
:)
------------------
You step in the stream,
This page is not here.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
30 days from date of hire. Hooray. Tv's you'll get varying amounts off. Anything under 27" you MAY get 30 dollars off. The more features and the higher the price, the better the employee discount. It is not affected by sales, your price only fluctuates based on cost from manufacturer which changes every time BB buys more. I bought a 32" HDTV, Sony KV32hs20 and my cost was $1320 or so. Retail is $1799.99 I don't know about digital cameras as I haven't looked at any. Computers can range from not much to pretty good. If you are buying one of the in store packages, you MAY get $60 off. I had a CTO (configure to order) built for me with a retail of $2600 last year. Because I went with high mark-up components, I got it for $1800. CD's and DVD's - On release day you won't get anything off. I picked up a few $35 Criterion DVD's for $26 each, Most $11.99 Cd's go for around $10. Audio is the big kicker. I bought a Yamaha 5280, JBL S-412's, JBL S-Center, and JBL S-38's for $1200 including tax and Service Plans. Not too shabby, since the S-412's alone go for $1700 a pair!! The car audio discount is great as well.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm salivating now...
"Hi, my name is Ted. Welcome to Best Buy! Can I help you..."
------------------
You step in the stream,
This page is not here.

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, my name is Ted. Welcome to Best Buy! Can I help you..."
Yes Ted. You can buy a SA-WM40 with your discount and ship it to me. Thanks! :)
.. and i won't need a service plan so don't salivate on that comission you won't get from the job you haven't got yet..
laugh.gif

------------------
The things we own end up owning us

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hey john-d...
i'm on it brutha...expect a nice big and heavy box...stuffed with coal!
doh! :)
biggrin.gif

------------------
You step in the stream,
This page is not here.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
john-d...
i only have one word for you young man...
"Doh!"
------------------
You step in the stream,
This page is not here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks