question for aragon 8008bb owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin T, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

does the 8008bb have two separate power cords? i figure it would since it is a dual mono configuration but haven't seen a back panel shot nor read anything about it. just wondering.

kevin t

2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

anybody??

3. Dave N.

Dave N. Stunt Coordinator

One cord. Exceptional amp. Have you seen the review in Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity?

Dave

4. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

The power input is split to the two transformers.

That's the only common item (besides the chassis).

Regards,

5. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

one more query:

aragon 8008x3b: has balanced inputs? it's rather difficult getting answers re: aragon equipment but i've seen plenty of it on the used market at great prices. thanks for the input guys.

kevin t

6. Dave N.

Hopefully John will chime in here. The Aragon has balanced inputs but I do not believe that they are "truly balanced".

When I spoke to Aragon tech support prior to purchase I was told to use the RCA inputs for better sound unless I had an extremely long cable run.

John,would you help us out here. Is the amp truly balanced and which inputs do you recommend for a 1 meter run?

Thanks,

Dave

7. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Dave,
    Yes, the 8008x3B has a balanced circuit topology, the 8008x3 did as well, it didn't have balanced inputs is all. The 8008B-ST does as well, but not dual mono construction.
    I use balanced whenever available, just for the potential of keeping noise down...
    On the Aragon 8008x3B I couldn't pick up a difference between single-ended and balanced, but sometimes it's nice to have that warm, fuzzy feeling [​IMG]
    Regards,

8. Dave N.

John,
    Warm,fuzzy feeling in the heart in HT always appears to be accompanied by a cold,empty feeling in the wallet[​IMG]. I'm afraid to even try balanced cables....
    Dave