Question for Andromeda fans?...

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by todd s, Mar 15, 2005.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I watched a few of the episodes when it started. But, I heard it is still on. Just curious if they ever explained how a ship that had thousands of crewmembers..now runs on on 6 or 7 people? Did they ever recruit new crewmembers?

And what has happened on the show in the last season or two? I heard they went away from him trying to rescue the "Commonwealth".

2. RickGr

RickGr Second Unit

I stopped watching a few seasons ago but IRC they did add more crew albiet they were almost always in the background ie walking down corridors and the like.

3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

They lost ... the enemy over ran the galaxy ... everyone died (Except hunt)... (I'm not kidding)

Regards

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Michael, Can you explain a little more??

5. Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom Supporting Actor

how has this show been on for so many years? seriously. Whenever a good show is cancelled i think to myself, how the hell does Andromeda stay on the air?

6. Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson Supporting Actor

Todd...

If you really want details, you might want to check out the episode guide at the official website:

http://www.andromedatv.com/

The extended synopses there give a pretty good overview of the path the show has taken.

I've been a fan...loved the show at the beginning...and I've tried to be faithful and hang in with it even through the serious decline, but I am SO glad this is the final year.

7. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

Um... wow. Gee I missed all of that? Are you sure you're not kidding? That kinda reminds me of the end of Forever Knight.

RG

8. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Hmm... I seem to remember that Robert Wolfe was going to post his original plans for the series when the show ended. Has that happened yet?

9. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

He's not kidding. They killed almost everyone at the end of last season, then there were two Hunts for some reason, and now at the beginning of this season everyone's alive again for some reason.

10. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Lets just say they did the same thing for the last season of andromeda that they did to Earth Final Conflict. They cut the budget and it went down hill. What is supposed to be a intresting plot twist(a place that has been mentioned the entire series) its become a entire season stuck in one place.

capt

11. James Landau

James Landau Stunt Coordinator

This show's predecessor, Earth: Final Conflict, also had a radical change of direction in its fifth and final season and I found the result to be an unmitigated disaster. However, my reaction to the change in direction of Andromeda is quite the opposite. This season has been a breath of fresh air compared to last year and I have been thoroughly enjoying the journey. I just hope it all comes to a satisfying conclusion instead of leaving me scratching my head and filled with questions the way the 100th episode, Pride Before the Fall, did.

12. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

What, did they finally get to the homeworld of the Commonwealth founders that was supposedly cut off from the slipstream? If so, did they find a bunch of goodies?

RG

13. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

James,

I'm glad someone likes it but I really disagree with that statement. This season has been a disasterous train wreck that has gotten worse than Buffy S6 and S7 trainwrecks.

Last season was poor but this season is disgraceful. They should have never done this season if they didn't have a decent plan or story left to tell.

For those who haven't seen it this season more than any other has become "Hercules in Space". Except they are planet bound most of the time and spend alot of time involved in bar fights. Take out the technology and dress everyone in leather and it's Hercules.

14. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

According to the DVD extras, Sorbo had much to do with the "dumbing down" of the show, wanting it to be much more accessable to occasional viewers.

He essentially comes off as a moron.

15. James Landau

James Landau Stunt Coordinator

I've heard the same thing many times in the past. But the "accessible to occasional viewers" bit doesn't seem to be holding up over the last couple years. The show has become more and more serial in nature and, this season especially, if you miss episodes it becomes increasingly difficult to know what is going on.

16. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

It was fine apart from the last 10 minutes where Xander is blamed in a totally out of character moment. Once Tabula Rasa had come and gone things went downhill fast.

Since Wolfe left Andromeda has all been about lost potential IMO.

17. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

Here here!

I actually went and read several of the synopses at the link listed above. I wanted to know about this 'everybody dying' thing. Needless to say there was alot of [​IMG] going on during the reading. I really liked the first couple of seasons.....

RG