What's new

Question - Evil Dead 2 Dvd (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, I have a quick question for you!

I purchased "The Evil Dead 2: Limited Edition Tin" about 3 months ago through Ebay and it arrived brand new and sealed as described. The only thing that dissapointed, was that after unwrapping this set, the special collector's booklet and insert were totally damaged with bent and peeling pages and cardboard corners, etc.

I was just wondering if the regular DVD version of The Evil Dead 2 came with the same collector's booklet and insert, because if so, I'd like to go to a local retailer this week and purchase it to switch the booklets and inserts and than exchange it for another dvd...

Does anyone know whether the regular "Evil Dead II" DVD features the color booklet, etc?

Thanks!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
My booklet was the same way (I guess from being loose inside the tin). I just live with it *shrug*

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I guess I should too... I'm a little obsessive when it comes to this sort of thing though. I return dvd's if they've got even the slightest blemish or bent corner. Oh well...

Could it be that the booklets were designed to look old and torn for some sort of effect, considering both our sets seem to have this?

Eh...

:P

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Hey Aaryn,

Would you be interested in trading sets if I were to include an extra 2-3 DVD's in the offer?

My set is actually brand new and in 100% pristine and mint condition - the disc has never actually been removed and to date I have never watched the movie.

The only minor flaw is that the insert and booklet have bent corners, etc.

Otherwise, it is in absolutely perfect flawless condition and as you can probably tell, I am extremely obsessive and compulsive about the quality of DVD's in my collection!

Anyways, if you'd be interested, please send me an email at [email protected].

I'd prefer if you could open the set just to verify that your booklet and insert aren't in the same shape as mine and Rob's and that everything is in perfect condition and perhaps we can work out a trade..

Thanks!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Better yet... Would you be interested in trading for just the insert and booklet?

I'd be willing to send you one of the following brand new DVD's:

- A Clockwork Orange: Stanley Kubrick Collection
- Full Metal Jacket: Stanley Kubrick Collectiom
- The Shining: Stanley Kubrick Collection
- Heat: Al Pacino Collection
- The Devils' Advocate: Al Pacino Collection
- Dog Day Afternoon: Al Pacino Collection
- Piranha: 25th Anniversary Edition Roger Corman Classics

and possibly a few others if none of the above are of interest to you...

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor

I didn't know DVDs had corners to bend.

Sorry, it's the first thing that popped into my head when I read that :)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Okay... snapper cases with bent cardboard corners, dents, etc. I used to return regular dvd's with sticker residue on the keep cases also but than I realised it's easier to just ignore it and buy a bunch of extra cases to swap. I'm a little too into all this. :}

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
The booklet in my tin had the bent corners too. It happens because the booklet is loose inside the tin, and whenever somebody picks it up, the booklet slides around. I think its just about unavoidable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks