What's new

Question: Confessions Of A Nazi Spy (1939) ? (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Has this film ever been released on any home video format (vhs / laserdisc/ dvd) in the past and has anyone seen it?

What are your thoughts on the film and Edward G. Robinson's performance? Does it stand up to the other Warner Bros. studio releases of it's day?

Is there any possibility of a future DVD release in the next little while? Would anyone want to see this film released to DVD?

I'm really curious about it and would love to check it out.

PS - Has this ever been broadcast in recent years on TCM or any of the network channels?

Thanks!

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
TCM aired this a month or so ago. My Maltin book doesn't list it as ever being released on home video but it could show up in a Robinson box at some point.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, that's what I'd thought.

I'll have to keep a check on TCM and set the Tivo for the next broadcast.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I'll save you some time Marco. I just checked my "TCM To Record" list and CONFESSIONS will be on again March, 13th (Monday) at 12pm EST. :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
It's definitely a TCM staple (I saw it about two years ago). It's not the greatest movie ever made by a long shot, but it's on my to buy list should it ever become available.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot Michael... Tivo'd!

Thanks George, I've been reading some online reviews and most seem to share your sentiments. To be honest, I was most inspired to see this because of the terrific 1943 Norm Mccabe Warner Bros., "Confusions Of A Nutzy Spy". I've been curious about it ever since. :)

Charles H

Screenwriter
It would also be a great addition to a "Contoversial Classics" collection. It was the first American film to "take on" the Nazis in America and it was the first docudrama/semi-documentary, pre-dating THE HOUSE ON 92ND STREET by 6 years. Some other "historically controversial" films from WB, which never appeared on home video are MISSION TO MOSCOW and THEY WON'T FORGET.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks