Question concerning the Dayton sub with the Bose AM 10s

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Chuck_J, May 5, 2005.

1. Chuck_J

Chuck_J Extra

Wow! What a difference a good receiver (Pioneer 1014) and subwoofer (Dayton 10") makes in improving the sound coming from my, yes, Bose AM 10s. Didn't know what I've been missing out on all those years with my old pro-logic receiver and Bose speakers without a "true" sub (I have the old IIs)

After seeking the advice from the folks on this board I've been able to create a good HT WITHOUT throwing out the Bose speakers (at least for now)

My problem now is with speaker placement. Should I position the sub on the opposite side of the room from the Bose bass module?

Also, how should I set my speakers or receiver to "Isolate" the Bose bass module from doing any work outside of physically "disconnecting" the module? Disconnecting the base module is not a good thing I believe since the satellites get its crossover isolation and power protection from the base module.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Chuck_J

Chuck_J Extra

Is this the appropriate forum to this Bose speaker products? I justed wanted to know a little about subwoofer placement since I already had the Pseudo bass module from Bose.

I did a search but couldn't find a similar question/answer in this forum.

I'd prefer to purchase new speakers outright, but my current budget suggests otherwise. I have the Mirage omnisats on my wish list.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Set the Bose setup to small and use the sub via the sub out on the receiver. This will correctly split the bass between the Bose module and the sub. Since the Bose module should be good to about 40Hz, you can set your x-over to 60Hz or 80Hz.