What's new

question and your thoughts on a "good" mini speakers (1 Viewer)

john seitz

Stunt Coordinator
Good morning ~

I am looking for a new speaker package that is "small" but sounds full; so me and guests aren't always saying "what did he say...." while watching TV or a movie :) And fits in so the wife doesn't complain :)

my three choices are: (in order from what I want 1st - I think)

* Velodyne Deco system
[/url] for more info

* Polk RM6750
for more info

* Cambridge MovieWorks 208
for more info

The Deco series I think is the best fit for the room and I hope would sound the best for HT use. The Polk's are a clear winner on price :) and the center channel would fit best, but the drivers seem a little week? and the Cambridge - dunno I know in the past they made good stuff but ???

thank you for any help :)

John

john seitz

Stunt Coordinator
for reference I'm using a set of Mirage AVS-100's and 200 for front, center and surround. Along with a Mirage FRX-S8 sub :)

that are about 4+ years and are imho a little tired

and a Panasonic SA-XR50 digital unit that seems to be strong enough

john seitz

Stunt Coordinator
I actually my three choices above and bought a pair of Polk LSi7's from Tweeter. I figuered it would be a better sounding front stage (use 2 of my small Mirage AVS-100's for rear surround and skip a center for the time being)

BUT...

I get home and discover the LSi7's are infact 4 ohm speakers as well - ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH :-(

I stil have them boxed up - what should I do :)

John

Evan H

Stunt Coordinator
John, Your ears are always the best gauge of what you like. If you're looking exclusively at ~$500 systems, the only other one that I can think of to recommend listening to is the paradigm Cinema Series. I personally haven't heard them, but knowing paradigm's reputation, I'm sure they are extremely competitive at that price point. They'd probably go for ~$450 on the street. You are always best off listening to all of your choices and buying the one you like best though. Everyone's ears are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks