question and your thoughts on a "good" mini speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by john seitz, Dec 23, 2004.

1. john seitz

john seitz Stunt Coordinator

Good morning ~

I am looking for a new speaker package that is "small" but sounds full; so me and guests aren't always saying "what did he say...." while watching TV or a movie :) And fits in so the wife doesn't complain :)

my three choices are: (in order from what I want 1st - I think)

* Velodyne Deco system
    [/url] for more info

* Polk RM6750
    for more info

* Cambridge MovieWorks 208
    for more info

The Deco series I think is the best fit for the room and I hope would sound the best for HT use. The Polk's are a clear winner on price :) and the center channel would fit best, but the drivers seem a little week? and the Cambridge - dunno I know in the past they made good stuff but ???

thank you for any help :)

John

2. john seitz

for reference I'm using a set of Mirage AVS-100's and 200 for front, center and surround. Along with a Mirage FRX-S8 sub :)

that are about 4+ years and are imho a little tired

and a Panasonic SA-XR50 digital unit that seems to be strong enough

3. john seitz

I actually my three choices above and bought a pair of Polk LSi7's from Tweeter. I figuered it would be a better sounding front stage (use 2 of my small Mirage AVS-100's for rear surround and skip a center for the time being)

BUT...

I get home and discover the LSi7's are infact 4 ohm speakers as well - ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH :-(

I stil have them boxed up - what should I do :)

John

4. Evan H

Evan H Stunt Coordinator

John, Your ears are always the best gauge of what you like. If you're looking exclusively at ~$500 systems, the only other one that I can think of to recommend listening to is the paradigm Cinema Series. I personally haven't heard them, but knowing paradigm's reputation, I'm sure they are extremely competitive at that price point. They'd probably go for ~$450 on the street. You are always best off listening to all of your choices and buying the one you like best though. Everyone's ears are different.