What's new

Question about Yahoo Companion Toolbar (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I installed the Yahoo Companion Toolbar on IE. I can't seem to remove or hide the search text box. I tried the "add/edit buttons" and "change toolbar layout" but there's nothing to hide or remove the search text box.

Does anyone know how to do this?

E

Eric Kahn

From what I have been told, the yahoo tool bar is a bad thing to install, it acts as a tracking device and reports information back to yahoo on what you are doing
it would be best to uninstall it but it might be difficult to do that

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I also have the Google toolbar, which is the only one I use for searching the web.

I have the Yahoo Toolbar because I have setup buttons to my.yahoo.com account and one click gets me to my yahoo email, maps, yahoo greeting cards and yahoo shopping. Pretty convenient.

Anyway, any word on how to hide the search text box?

Denward

Supporting Actor
My search text box has a little magnifying glass icon next to it. I click on it to hide/show the text box.

I love the convenience of having my bookmarks conveniently available at home and at the office. I have Spybot Search and Destroy (spyware detector) on my computer and it's never tagged the Companion toolbar as a bad thing.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Denward, my toolbar at home has the magnifying glass but the one at work doesn't. That's the one I'm having the problem with. I recently installed it. It's version 5.2.3.0. The one at home is an older version (5.0.something).

Could it be that Yahoo removed the ability to hide the search text box in the new version?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks