What's new

Question about X10 and Xantec (1 Viewer)

Gregg Hart

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I use X10 in my HT. Mainly I control all my lights with X10 and then program this into my pronto.
I also use a Xantec IR repeater system. This system allows an IR sensor to pick up my pronto commands and transmit this information to 4 transmitters that have little wires stuck to my component's IR windows.
Make sense?
Whenever I press the pronto the IR transmitters and sensors all light up red, which is the way it's suppose to work. My problem is, that lately whenever I turn on my lights that are X10 controlled the Xantec transmitters and sensors red lights turn on and stay on. This is somewhat random as it does not happen all the time. But when it does happen I have to turn the lights back off and on many times and eventually the red lights turn off.
This only possess as an annoyance right now by having 5 broght red lights shining out of my HT cabinet. However I am wondering what's causing this. Has anyone experiences similar issues?
Thanks.
Gregg
------------------
Link Removed

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
PG&E the scurge of x-10!
Gregg
x-10 uses pulses over the AC lines of your house. To a dumb module a voltage spike looks like a pulse. Last week I finally called PG&E because for a half hour my lights would go on ever 2 minutes or so.
Trying to explain this to the telephone person is like explaining Green's Theorem to an infant. They finally figured out something bad was happening and sent out a crew ...and it went away.
A UPS does the trick if you can do that
Grant
------------------
"My, my, so many guns much anthrax-esque white powder around town these days, and so few brains." Humphrey Bogart

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks