Question about "Wonder Woman" Season 3 Bonus DVD: Shazam!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by AlanBrom, Mar 28, 2005.

1. AlanBrom

AlanBrom Second Unit

According to TV Shows on DVD, the Wonder Woman season 3 box set will include an extra disc with episode #1 of the 1970's Filmation series, SHAZAM! (the episode is entitled "The Joy Riders"). Can we take this extra as a coming attraction for a SHAZAM! box set, or is that just wishful thinking? The Saturday morning series only had about 28 half-hour episodes, so it would make a great release as one set.

2. BrianRi

BrianRi Stunt Coordinator

I hope you're right!

3. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

No, don't take it to imply the show is coming to DVD. These are just bonus episodes to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Warner Television.

Gord

4. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I have a question about this too. The episode on it is only a half hour, yes? It seems a step down, I thought there would be an hour's worth of programming like the other DVD sets in this promotion. Is this the only thingon it or could it be that this is The Kid Super Power Hour with Shazam?

5. Dale_

Dale_ Agent

"The Joy Riders" was definitely not The Kid Super Power Hour. It was an episode of the 1970s live-action Shazam show.

Kind of an odd episode to include on a Wonder Woman package, too. I'd of thought they'd use one of the Isis crossover episodes. Or even an episode of Isis.

6. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

Although Shazam! and Isis were both originally produced by Filmation Studios, Warner Bros. owns the rights to Shazam! only. A British firm called Entertainment Rights owns Isis, so that is the main reason there will not be an episode of Isis on any WB "50th Anniversary" celebration discs.

I'm hopefully optimistic that WB are using this episode to "test the waters" and measure if there is enough consumer interest in a full release. Those of you who want it: buy the WW set, write to WB, and if there's a "reply postcard" in the set, fill it out and tell them you want a Shazam! boxset!

BTW, has the Warner Bros. chat already happened, and if so, did anyone ask them about Shazam!?

7. AlanBrom

AlanBrom Second Unit

The question is, would Warner really obtain the rights to a series with a large enough cult status, only to throw a single episode of it on a different set as a bonus?

8. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Andy, the chat is tonight (3/29) at 8pm/et.